Sunday, September 27, 2009

Creative Inertia

Well. It is now 1:17 am, Sunday morning. I have been trying to get myself to practice all day, without success. I know that I need to actually walk out the door, because it's likely that I will end up in my office eventually and get something done. I refuse to sleep until I do.

I think that part of my malaise comes from the music that I'm working on. I've got three pieces for our orchestra - two by mad Russians, and Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik. While not necessarily easy, they are definitely logical and in the vein of what I'm used to doing. The thing that's killing me is the Telemann Cello Sonata in D.

The Telemann Sonata was originally written for cello, but it's been adapted for solo bass. It's a gorgeous Baroque piece (check it out here) and initially I was thrilled that I could actually hit all the notes and make it through. However, I've hit a wall. Going from awful to good was fairly easy and very rewarding. But going from good to great is really, REALLY hard - and frustratingly slow. There are so many little details of expression, phrasing, vibrato, where to put the bow when.

I think I'll move on to the Rachmaninoff Vocalise that I've been wanting to try, and come back to the Telemann a bit later. Anyone have any advice for how to get over this slump without becoming a creative zombie?

6 comments:

  1. However, one distinct difference is that fans are accumulated instead of friends. On your brand page, you can import your Twitter and blog feeds. You can also post and collect content, have hosting discussions and collect user reviews. satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before you bounce in with the two feet, ensure you are settling on the best choice for your circumstance. The accompanying article contains data you can utilize while considering a payday advance. satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  3. These days, the web is often looked to by many for extra income. There are many possibilities when in terms of earning income online. Popular methods range from personal online websites to taking paid surveys. No matter what, take a look at these tips to get you going. Satta King Expert Tips And Tricks For Lead Generation Play Bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you own an iPad, it is a good idea to make a backup. You can force iTunes to make a back up so that your data is properly saved. Go to iTunes and right-click on devices list and select backup. You can also use the same feature in iCloud to backup as well.satta king
    play bazaar
    satta matka

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to need to converse with your companions and associates about how you dress. They can assist you with making sense of what you are doing that works, and what you should change about how you dress. Since they see you consistently, they can be the ones you go to for exhortation.
    Satta King
    Play Bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  6. To immediately stand out enough to be noticed, discover an item that is sold for a restricted timeframe, or a scaled down value that won't keep going long. This permits you to utilize a snappy jargon and make your crowd consider what they are passing up in the event that they don't exploit the arrangement right away. Satta King Play Bazaar

    ReplyDelete